This computer buying guide here to help you make the right decisions when buying your next computer or when upgrading you computer. Pick the kind you are interested in and head on.
Desktop computers, also know as a PC, or personal computer, is the big kind you have at home with a main box and screen check. Check out our guide to choosing desktop computers or these more specific sections.
- Choosing the “Best Desktop Computer” for picking the latest, most up-to-date models
- Get the best value new computer. Check our “Cheap Desktop Computers Guide“.
- Find massive discounts in older pre-used models, “Refurbished Desktop Computers“.
- Or “Build your own Computer” to get the best level of customization and complete parts choice.
Portable computers are easy to move about and allow you to take your computer with you. They vary in their computing power and how portable they really are.
- Laptop computers are designed to be transported but can often be quite heavy, but offer many features almost as much as a desktop computer. See, “How to pick a laptop“.
- Notebook computers are also designed to be transported, but are usually smaller in size, and slightly slimmer on features and power. Go to, “How to pick a notebook“.
If you need the parts for your computer then we recommend you check out our guide to computer parts and components, we will give you breakdown of all the parts for desktops, laptops and notebooks.
More detailed instructions and guides can be found in How to pick a computer, that might better lead you in the right direction.
There are more than a few options when getting a desktop computer which you should have a look at (also on our “Guide for choosing desktop computers” page)